Closing Date – Friday 13th October, 5pm
£20,260 - £23,000 p.a. pro rata depending on experience – 24 hrs per week to be worked by mutual agreement.
You will be working as part of a close-knit team to help ensure the smooth running of Paul’s constituency office. You will help to manage the large volume of constituency cases that Paul receives and ensure constituents are given a first-rate service on a variety of personal and local issues.
This is a permanent position subject to satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.
- Deal with enquiries from the public, by phone, letter, e-mail and in person, taking appropriate action to resolve, document or escalate concerns/enquiries.
- Provide advice and support to constituents on a variety of issues, including complex casework, working with Government departments, external agencies and voluntary sector organisations to resolve matters.
- Respond to all enquiries in a timely, comprehensive and professional manner.
- Attending surgeries as required and supporting community engagement activities, (occasional weekend and evening work will be required).
- Ensure cases are dealt with in a confidential and sensitive manner and make sure that records of contact are kept whilst adhering to the Data Protection Act.
- Other duties will involve drafting letters and reports and maintaining the electronic and manual filing systems and undertaking other duties within the constituency office as required.
- As first point of contact with the office you must have a pleasant telephone manner with the confidence to deal effectively with constituents, outside bodies and politicians.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to empathise with constituents and relate well to people, communicating effectively, both in writing and verbally, to identify constituents’ issues, investigate them and respond appropriately.
- Basic IT skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be able to manage a large caseload.
- Sympathetic to the ideals of the Labour Party.
The successful applicant will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) in the Houses of Parliament.
A covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for the position along with a CV of no more than two sides of A4 should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – ‘First Name, Surname - Constituency Caseworker Vacancy’.
Please also enclose the contact details (incl. tel no) for two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.
Interviews will take place on Friday 20th October in Paul’s constituency office in Sheffield and candidates will be asked to complete a short written exercise on the day.